Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Vocal and medical bill update

My voice is not 100%, but it is improving every day. The more I sing, the more I think it's really just out of shape. I also probably have some residual swelling in the cords that's going to take some time to go down.

Dr. King has been great answering questions and checking in on me to see how my recovery is going. If you're in the Boulder/Denver area and ever need to see a ENT about vocal issues, I highly recommend him. He rocks! :-)

With regard to the issue with my bill, Dr. King's office also came through for me. A billing code doesn't exist for the procedure I had because it's relatively new, so that was the reason there was some confusion over what code to use. The billing department lowered the surgery charge from $1800 to $1200 and they also set me up on a monthly payment plan. I really appreciate their willingness to work with me and to give me a discount on the surgery charge because of the misunderstanding.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you. It is hard nowadays to have a kind doctor like him most especially in settling your medical bill.

    ReplyDelete