Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The big day has arrived

I'm having the laser procedure to remove my vocal polyp at 1:00 pm today. I'm a little nervous, but mostly anxious to finally be doing something about this problem. This is the closest I've come to surgery since I had my tonsils removed when I was four or five years old. And if the procedure is successful, I won't have to have surgery on this polyp in the coming months.

Tom is finally home after two months with his parents in Illinois and I'm so grateful to have him here with me now. Of course, he's enjoying being home and I'm sure he is looking forward to 3-4 days of absolute silence from me. That reminds me, I have to grab a steno pad before I leave so I have some means of communication.

I'll post again soon to report on the procedure. Wish me luck!

1 comment: